Screen Your Teen…and Follow the Beat of Their HeartSaving lives is paramount to our mission and prevention is our goal. That’s why we offer free cardiac screenings to any teen. We’ve screened thousands and have identified hundreds with undetected heart abnormalities. Screenings takes less than 30 minutes (wait times may vary) and include review of a health history questionnaire, an EKG, and if indicated, an echocardiogram. The entire process is non-invasive—no needles or x-ray exposure—and we assure each teen’s confidentiality, privacy and individual modesty is respected throughout all aspects of the program. Female technicians test girls and are screened in a separate area from boys. Screenings are administered by certified cardiologists and/or physicians with nurses and medical technicians. You are notified of the results within a few weeks for follow-up with your own family doctor when you can add a copy of the EKG to your teen's medical chart to use as a baseline.
How to register for a FREE screening
- Click on the screening date you want to register for and complete the form.
- Download and fully complete the parent screening packet—A MUST!
- Bring it with you to the screening, plus a self-addressed stamped (business size) envelope in which we’ll mail you the results.
- Teens should dress in t-shirt, sweat pants or sports shorts. Girls wear a sports bra.
- IMPORTANT: It costs our foundation $20 per registered teen whether you show up or not. We urge you to keep your appointment so we can continue to offer this free service.
Upcoming ScreeningsMadison High School • May 3 Hoover High School • September 27 Francis Parker • November 8 Registration Will Open Soon!
Join Us for One of Our Upcoming Screenings
September 28 • La JollaLa Jolla High School 750 Nautilus Street La Jolla, CA 92037 9:00 am–3:00 pm Register Now
November 2 • Spring ValleySteele Canyon High School 12440 Campo Road Spring Valley, CA 91978 9:00 am–3:00 pm Register Now
January 25 • VistaRancho Buena Vista High School 1601 Longhorn Drive Vista, CA 92081 9:00 am–3:00 pm Register Now
March 8 • Chula VistaChula Vista High School 820 4th Avenue Chula Vista, CA 91911 9:00 am–3:00 pm Register Now