Screen Your Teen…and Follow the Beat of Their Heart
Saving lives is paramount to our mission and prevention is our goal. That’s why the Eric Paredes Save a Life Foundation offers free cardiac screenings to any youth, ages 12–25. The Foundation has screened thousands and have identified hundreds with undetected heart abnormalities.
- All screening events are open to the public—your youth does not have to attend the school to get screened.
- We are open from 9 am to 3 pm. Screenings typically take about an hour to complete.
- If the participant is under 18 years old and brings a fully signed/completed screening packet, parents do not need to be present at the event.
- Screenings include a health history review, an ECG, consultation with a cardiologist, and if indicated, a limited echocardiogram.
- The entire process is painless and non-invasive—no needles or x-ray exposure.
- Female technicians screen girls in a separate area from boys. We also have private screening areas as needed and upon request.
- You are notified of the results at the screening.
- If follow-up medical care is recommended, instructions will be given.
- If results are abnormal, contact your doctor's office with your screening results. If there is a need for the Foundation’s cardiologist to consult with your doctor regarding abnormal results, email email@example.com.
- If you do not have access to medical care, please check our Find A Doctor page listed on our website.
How to register for a FREE screening
- Click on the screening date you want to register for and complete the form.
- Download and fully complete the Heart Screening packet—A MUST!
- Bring it with you to the screening.
- Participants should dress in t-shirt and sweat pants or sports shorts. Girls wear a sports bra.
- IMPORTANT: Even though this is a free service to the community, it costs the Foundation $50 per registered participant plus the commitment of 150 medical and nonmedical volunteers. We appreciate you not missing your appointment once you have registered.
Join Us for One of Our Upcoming Screenings
March 25 • Del Mar
Torrey Pines High School
3710 Del Mar Heights Rd.
San Diego, CA 92130
9:00 am–3:00 pm
May 6 • San Diego
Patrick Henry High School
6702 Wandermere Drive
San Diego, CA 92120
9:00 am–3:00 pm