Screen Your Teen…and Follow the Beat of Their HeartSaving lives is paramount to our mission and prevention is our goal. That’s why we offer free cardiac screenings to any teen, ages 12–25. We’ve screened thousands and have identified hundreds with undetected heart abnormalities.
- All screening events are open to the public—your youth does not have to attend the school to get screened.
- We are open from 9 am to 3 pm, but screenings typically take less than an hour to complete.
- If youth bring a fully signed/completed screening packet, parents do not need to be present at the event.
- Screenings include a health history review, an EKG, consultation with a cardiologist, and if indicated, a limited echocardiogram.
- The entire process is painless and non-invasive—no needles or x-ray exposure.
- Female technicians screen girls in a separate area from boys. We also have private screening areas as needed.
- You are notified of the results within a few weeks for follow-up with your own family doctor as your insurance dictates.
- If results are normal, please add the EKG to your youth's medical chart to use as a baseline.
- If results are abnormal, please contact your doctor's office and let us know if you'd like us to reach out to your doctor for consult.
- If you do not have access to medical care, please check our Find A Doctor page, or contact us for assistance.
How to register for a FREE screening
- Click on the screening date you want to register for and complete the form.
- Download and fully complete the parent screening packet—A MUST!
- Bring it with you to the screening, plus a self-addressed stamped (business size) envelope in which we’ll mail you the results.
- Teens should dress in t-shirt, sweat pants or sports shorts. Girls wear a sports bra.
- IMPORTANT: It costs our foundation $20 per registered teen whether you show up or not. We urge you to attend so we can continue to offer this free service.
Join Us for One of Our Upcoming Screenings
August 28 • South BayBonita Vista High School 751 Otay Lakes Road Chula Vista, CA 91913 9:00 am–3:00 pm Register Now
October 2 • RamonaRamona High School 1401 Hanson Lane Ramona, CA 92065 9:00 am–3:00 pm Register Now
December 4 • East CountyMonte Vista High School 3230 Sweetwater Springs Blvd. Spring Valley, CA 91977 9:00 am–3:00 pm Register Now